Monday, February 16, 2009
Bragging....beware
Someone once said to me that every mother thinks their preschooler is so intelligent and then they enter school and you realize that they are pretty much like all the other kids. I did feel that same way about my kids and here I am again thinking Julia is so much smarter than even her siblings at this age. The other day, she ate her piece of cheese into the letter J and she held it up and told me it was a J. She knows that Caleb starts with a C, Grace a G, Mom an M and Dad a D. Now I did tell her these letters, but how she keeps remembering them amazes me. She also loves to count. I was reading her a princess story today and she said, wait mom I want to count the people. She can count to 12 and then skips 13. She loves to copy her brother and sister and especially with their phrases. She gets "Just a sec" from Grace. This morning she says to me "Caleb is adorable" I can't believe it. She freely goes up to both her brother and sister and gives them a hug and tells them she loves them. I have to keep remembering those memories (hence blogging) when she is destroying something they cherish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Rebecca
- I keep saying, I need to write that down, kids sayings, things they do, well now I can.
1 comment:
Have you read the children's book "Oggie Cooder" by Sarah Weeks? It's about a kid who eats slices of cheese into individual states...pretty funnny!!
Post a Comment