Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fun in the snow.....

I took some excerpts from Kurt's emails that he sent me and they are posted below. The pictures are of as I remember, a castle in the woods, Grace at 7th Heaven, gold medal and then Grace and Kurt at the Symphony Bowl. We are each trying to convince each other that our vacations were the best and the question is, who will give in so we can go together next year! Vote for your favorite!



We crossed the border into Canada. This was more than we expected since at the border they though that I was stealing Grace. It did not help that I told them my wife was in Florida. Grace put on a good show and we made it through. It felt like the movie Green Card.
We ventured over to Blackcomb Mountain today. The locals say it has the best skiing. The weather was clear and sunny and you could see for miles. After another gondola trip (Grace liked this one for it was shorter and you placed the skies on the outside) we then took 3 different chair lifts to get to Heaven (actually called 7th Heaven).
Our week finally came to an end. We rounded out the day with Grace taking ski lessons for the day in the intermediate level 4 group. The day in general was very cloudy and very difficult to find the right snow and visibility. Grace had fun in ski school and learned to turn backward on skis and did a black diamond with her instructor.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I keep saying, I need to write that down, kids sayings, things they do, well now I can.