So my two great skating buddies,(meaning their daughters also go to skating) and I have joked about becoming Texas Cheerleader Moms. We had no idea that we aren't even close!!!! Read on....Grace and I went to Portland for her second skating competition. She did GREAT and had fun and got FIRST place!!!!! After the results are posted you go up and she gets her picture taken with the other girls, in this case there were four total. I stood next to a mom that I had briefly talked with earlier about how to do hair, etc. She immediately turns to me and says "These judges are HORRIBLE!" and I say "WHY?" she says "Because they placed my daughter in fourth place and I personally think she skated better than YOUR daughter!" This is absolutely the time when you wish you were on your toes and could think of something great to come back with, but no being in SHOCK, I moved away from her and went to ask my seasoned friend if this was the world I was getting into. I think the our coach that was down there with us was a little apalled that I had told Grace about the situation, but you know what she said "Mommy you should have told her that her daughter skated beautifully and so did yours." Maybe we need to learn more lessons from the young. More stories to follow I am sure, but next time my skin will be thicker!!!!
I call Kurt on friday night and ask what they have been doing and he presently says "Well I read about 5000 books to your daughter." I certainly did not need to worry, but about two months ago, I couldn't get her to sit still for a book and I thought it was all my fault that she was the third kid and I had not read to her like the others. No Need To Worry!!!!
Kurt is right in his glory. He got his little computer guru. Long before we had kids, Kurt would spend hours playing a computer game called Diablo. NOW he has a perfect little boy named Caleb to play with, they are in their glory!!!
Me? Well I am finishing up addressing my Christmas Cards, the absolute only thing I can do on time. All for now! As my good friend says "Toodles!!" You know who you are!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Rebecca
- I keep saying, I need to write that down, kids sayings, things they do, well now I can.
2 comments:
Congrats to Grace!! And I'm SO glad you're not becoming a TCM. The world already has too many and you're much too nice to become that!!
Holy Cow! I can't beleive the other Mom said that. It's one thing to think it but to say it. Wow! I can't find pictures!
Post a Comment